What We Believe
- We believe that the Holy Bible is the inerrant word of God and that “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God” (2 Timothy 3:16-17), by which we understand that the whole Bible is inspired in the sense that holy men of God “were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21) to speak and write the very words of Scripture.
- We believe that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the sacred writings: historical, poetical, doctrinal, and prophetical, as appeared in the original manuscripts.
- We believe that the whole Bible in the originals is therefore without error.
- We believe that all the Scriptures center about the Lord Jesus Christ in His person and work in His first and second coming and hence, that no portion, even of the Old Testament, is properly read or understood, until it leads to Him.
- We also believe that all the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, were designed for our practical instruction in faith and conduct, whereby making it the only foundation of truth by which men can enter into a right relationship with God, through the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- We therefore accept and promote its principles and practices as our standard of beliefs.
The Triune God
- We further believe that the Godhead (Colossians 2:9) eternally exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19), having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and are worthy of precisely the same homage, confidence, and obedience.
Join Us For Service
- 8:00 a.m. New Members/Discipleship
- 9:00 a.m. Worship Service
- 6:00 a.m. Morning Prayer Line
- 12:30 p.m. Prayer & Bible Study [ZOOM]
- 7:30 p.m. Bible Study [ZOOM]
First Baptist Church Capitol Heights © | All Rights Reserved | Designed by Bearing Fruit Enterprises, Inc