STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the First Baptist Church of Capitol Heights (FBCCH) Information Technology (IT) Ministry is to equip and educate the community with the necessary skills to legitimately compete in our technologically based marketplace. The IT ministry shall conduct classes suitable for persons at their level of development and understanding.
To Conduct a Holy Spirit led ministry under the headship of Jesus Christ to provide technological resources for the equipping of the saints.
To obtain and make use of current technology (hardware/software) in an academic environment used to facilitate instructional-based information and provide qualified leadership in an effort to educate and enhance technological knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- To provide free technical instruction to FBCCH members and community members of the town of Capitol Heights.
- To conduct technology training at various skill levels.
- To teach and tutor students in need of additional instruction on a given subject matter.
- To provide computer skills to senior citizens.
- To provide value to the community.
- To provide free internet access for research and job search.
COURSES OF INSTRUCTION
- Computer Literacy
- Internet Technology
- Application Software
- Microsoft Windows
- Introduction to Typing
- Computer Maintenance
- Other courses TBD
CLASS HOURS OF OPERATION
Next class schedule to be determined.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND FREE COMPUTER TRAINING?
Classes are free to FBCCH members and the community.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have questions about the Information Technology Ministry or are interested in registering for an upcoming class, please send an email to ITMinistry@fbccapitolheights.org or contact Alisa Anderson at (301) 336-0722.